Harley-Davidson Service, Motorcycle Maintenance, and Repairs Near Lee’s Summit
At Gail’s Harley-Davidson, we know bikes. Our veteran Harley technicians outnumber those at any other dealership in the Kansas City area and the entire Midwest. Our dedication to trustworthy and quality service and repair draws customers from far and wide, including Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, and even New York. And you can watch the magic happen from our comfortable lounge area overlooking our 16-bay service center.
Harley-Davidson Authorized Service in Kansas City
Regular maintenance keeps your H-D motorcycle running at peak performance. You didn’t buy a Harley to not ride pure perfection! Following factory-approved methods and using the best equipment, our service department takes pride in workmanship to keep you and your Harley on the road for years to come.
We’re proud to be Kansas City’s ultimate Harley-Davidson service facility, and we staff the very best Harley-trained and certified mechanics to keep your motorcycle looking and running perfectly, no matter how many miles are on your odometer. We honor all warranties and recalls, and strive to solve any problem with your Harley motorcycle in a timely, precise, and efficient manner.
Regular service at Gail’s Harley-Davidson includes a thorough performance and safety inspection, along with so much more, with our 23-point checklist.
- Motorcycle oil change, including replacing engine oil, filter, and drain plug O-ring. Torque drain plug to proper specification. Ensure proper level at operating temperature.
- Check torque of switch housing screws, clutch lever handlebar clamp screws, and master cylinder handlebar screws.
- Inspect oil, break, and fuel lines and fittings for leaks, contact, or abrasions.
- Check torque of front and rear axle rut.
- Inspect and adjust the drive belt. Inspect wheel sprocket.
- Check for open recalls, product campaigns, trouble codes, and engine management system updates.
- Check operation of all electrical equipment, lighting, and controls.
- Check engine coolant freeze point and inspect for leaks. Clean radiators.
- Inspect rear brake reservoir for proper level. Check torque of cover screws.
- Inspect and lubricate the jiffy stand.
- Inspect exhaust system for leaks, cracks, and loose or missing fasteners or exhaust shields.
- Flush brake and clutch systems and replace DOT 4 brake and clutch fluids every two years.
- Inspect front and rear tire tread depth and air pressure. Check tightness of all spokes (if equipped).
- Drain and replace primary chaincase lubricant and drain plug O-ring.
- Inspect front brake pads and discs. Ensure pad thickness is within specification.
- Lubricate clutch cable. Ensure proper cable adjustment and hand lever free play.
- Check motorcycle battery, clean connections and torque terminal screws.
- Road test - verify component and system functions.
- Inspect fluid level of front brake and clutch reservoirs. Check torque of cover screws.
- Drain and replace transmission lubricant and drain plug O-ring.
- Inspect rear brake pads and disc. Ensure pad thickness is within specification.
- Check, adjust, and lubricate brake and clutch controls.
- Lubricate the fuel door, hinge, and latch.
Our Harley-Davidson Service Promise
Gail’s Harley-Davidson guarantees same-day service for all routine maintenance projects, and a two-day turnaround for all other basic services when you schedule an appointment.
For more complex repair or customization work, if we have the proper parts in stock, work will be completed within one week. Gail’s also offers free motorcycle pick-up and delivery in the Kansas City metro area for all our services.
Schedule your Harley-Davidson service appointment today by filling out our online request form, or by calling our Service Department at 855-228-9455.